SWTOR Leveling Tips: Solo or Group Leveling?

So you want to get to level 50 fast. Sure, you love listening to the cinematic sequences BioWare has put into the game but there's no way you could do that for every quest on every character.

You're a space bar kinda guy or gal and, hey, I understand. I'm the same way.

There's a debate raging over which is better: solo or group questing. This article is an attempt to inform the reader on which one is faster, not necessarily which is better (as that is a very subjective thing to consider).

The Tip: Don't Level In A Group

Sure, in a group you *might* be able to clear content faster but, overall, you're going to end up waiting on them. If they need to go to the bathroom? You get stuck waiting. If they need food? You're the one sitting there counting your credits. I would recommend that everyone level primarily alone. When you need to do a heroic, flashpoint or warzone go ahead and consider that a break from leveling because, while you certainly are gaining experience (and a good deal at that), you are giving up control of your time.

Always remember that -- when you join a group your time is now their time and their time is now your time. You are linked for as long as you are grouped.

When I was leveling my last character I stopped every 30-45 minutes and played a warzone. I wasn't exactly speed leveling but, let me tell you, it sure did break up the grind of questing. When I reached the level for a new flashpoint I usually did it three times. This gets me ahead in level (something very important to get into the habit of doing) and, again, breaks up the grind of questing.

There are, of course, some pros to leveling in a group. You're able to clear content fast and, let's be honest, we bought SWTOR so that we could interact with other players. In those senses group leveling might be better for you. However if you're concerned with speed there's no doubt -- solo questing is better. You have no-one to wait on and, as long as you follow the pattern of being at least on par with your planet level range you shouldn't have too much trouble clearing content quickly.

Ultimately, the decision is up to you. Do you want to have an interactive experience or a fast experience?

If you enjoyed reading this tip and want to discover more tips and tricks like these including my #1 tip for leveling in Star Wars: The Old Republic you have to check out my page here and watch this video!

0 comments:

Post a Comment